hate

Post-Jordanism: noun- The artistic (cultural?) movement which began in late 2011. Works within this deal with themes of existential crisis, identity crisis, posttraumatic stress disorder, the state of being broken, intrusive thoughts of (non)existent(?) memory, the morbid preoccupation with suicide, grief, uncontrollable emotion, and darkness as a simple abstract concept. ex. 1: "Kill me."

Friday, April 6, 2012

Writer's Soliloquy

The ocean calls for my blood.

The shelves obfuscate, spiral mountains defictionalized.

Augmented lighting in a segmented room, fragmented mind.

What do I want to write? It's an excellent question. I long to expand my ideas. I'm a man of concept, and I want to flesh this out.

But every time I think of writing, I think of inventing a fictional protagonist who shares a quirk or two of mine. Because I feel like I've got enough Author Avatar protagonists. Jordan Eats, Rapture, DCA. There's a lot of focus on me on the internet.

..but then again, that's to compensate for my life, which hasn't had much focus on myself, has it?

Come on, Jordan. You're an attention-whore. Freudian Excuse or not, it's who you are, and you don't feel comfortable changing it for the world.

Embrace it. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment