hate

Post-Jordanism: noun- The artistic (cultural?) movement which began in late 2011. Works within this deal with themes of existential crisis, identity crisis, posttraumatic stress disorder, the state of being broken, intrusive thoughts of (non)existent(?) memory, the morbid preoccupation with suicide, grief, uncontrollable emotion, and darkness as a simple abstract concept. ex. 1: "Kill me."

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Truth of Concept

I don't exist! :D

I'm a man of concept. I don't exist. I'm just text and pictures, a fictional character in a fictional blog. This is why I have no trouble creating a million different versions of me in the Fear Mythos. Among many other stories.

I'm good at playing pretend because I am just pretend. I don't exist, and I never did.

I step out of my room and people keep walking on by without glancing. I go on websites and that's where people notice me, when I'm just words on their screen. When they ignore me, there's no stigma attached. I'm just a character. No one knows me. I don't even have a self to know.

I don't even cry! I don't have feelings. I don't exist.

1 comment:

  1. I used to hate the fact that I could not cry after my grandmother died or my grandfather died. I felt like I needed to cry, but I just couldn't.

    Sometimes you feel like you're not real, but you are. You are real because you think you may not be. What makes us human isn't opposable thumbs, it's the fact that we can think self-reflexively -- we can think "Am I really me? Do I exist?" It's what makes us human, it's what makes us real.

    So don't feel bad about being pretend. We are all pretend people, looking at ourselves, wondering if we're real.

    ReplyDelete