hate

Post-Jordanism: noun- The artistic (cultural?) movement which began in late 2011. Works within this deal with themes of existential crisis, identity crisis, posttraumatic stress disorder, the state of being broken, intrusive thoughts of (non)existent(?) memory, the morbid preoccupation with suicide, grief, uncontrollable emotion, and darkness as a simple abstract concept. ex. 1: "Kill me."

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Sleep to Escape"

I have a lot of notebooks here in England filled with my writings. Some of them are from America, some of them are from here. This one is from here, from around late winter of 2010, to be precise. I'm going to transcribe some stuff I wrote in it.

This particular piece is a bit of poetry. Now, I don't claim to be a poet; I may have a distinct poetic flair to my writings, but I'm not, strictly speaking, a poet. But over the years, I've experimented with pretty much everything. This is called "Sleep to Escape."

Don't let them catch you.
Don't let them send you away.
Don't let them convince you
To say "Cut" and end this film.
Instead, hold together for another day.
Love might come this time.
Life might reach fulfillment.

Now, this next bit is written diagonally while "ISOLATION" covers it in giant letters.

A big house full of
wonderful friends and
a lovely wife who does love
you like the sea does the sand.
You get together with Bones every night
and watch your favourite movies with glee
while not a single Other is there to fight.
It's just you, love, and humility.

And then the final verse.

Then you awake
at 7 in the evening
To hear the Head Other yelling.
You close your eyes again and escape once more.
 What an imagination I had back then, huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment