hate

Post-Jordanism: noun- The artistic (cultural?) movement which began in late 2011. Works within this deal with themes of existential crisis, identity crisis, posttraumatic stress disorder, the state of being broken, intrusive thoughts of (non)existent(?) memory, the morbid preoccupation with suicide, grief, uncontrollable emotion, and darkness as a simple abstract concept. ex. 1: "Kill me."

Monday, March 19, 2012

I guess I should be open in public about this.

I feel. ..I mean. Look, it's no secret that The Endless Obsession wasn't quite as great as I'd hoped. And at the same time, the ending to the Birchman guitar duel in Rapture wasn't, either. But I released those both on the same day, and I was half-asleep that day. I wasn't quite ready for two lukewarm receptions in one day.

And it's gotten to me. I feel really weird. I feel.. I dunno.

I want to write stuff people will respect. But I guess I should just stick to the writing part of it. .__.;;

I mean! Writing's all I really do these days, y'know? I like to feel like it's the reason I exist. My raison d'etre. If I didn't write, there would be no point to my life. ..and I mean that. I suck at everything else. You guys might have jobs or school or something, but writing is my job, and writing is my school. I learn from it, and.. hell, I don't think I've learned much from this failure. I think I've just learned that I'm really not all I wished I was. I learned that I've been cocky, just like my Rapture self. And that.. I should just shut up.

1 comment:

  1. It was a lot better than people have made it out to be. People are so used to criticism that they've forgotten that you're supposed to show the positive WITH the negative.

    Trust me. Technical issues aren't your fault. It was very good.

    ReplyDelete