Okay, I don't remember the last time I actually wrote anything. This is a little bad, but then again, I guess I decided to take a little break. I've been burned out, y'know? I think I'm allowed to be burned out every now and then.
The fact that it happened in the middle of the Fearniversary, now that's a little annoying. But hey, I release tons of stuff anyway. Anyway, I promise I'll have something soon.
For one thing, I have been working on Episode 81 of DCA. I can now confirm that there will be five episodes until it all ends. Episode 85 will be the final one.
Gee, I wonder if people notice the arc numbers in my works yet. Here's some other writing news:
- Plush, the relaunch of Fair Game, isn't even a conventional fucking story. It's just a Wiki about a fictional video game. It could theoretically never be finished.
- The Endless Obsession, sequel to Testing in Progress, will come when I have a plot figured out. I'm trying to concentrate my writing so that I only write when I know the story very well.
- The relaunch of HELP, which will probably be called Help Me in Hell, will come when I have a few more things figured out. I have a rough idea of where to go with it, but I still need solids.
- Topography Genera Center East, I actually do have some pretty solid ideas of where to go with Liquid Len, and alliterator always seems to have something rad to do with Doctor Cloud. I've kinda been waiting for Jane for this one, but I can't blame her entirely; I also do not have enough ideas of the plot of the first few movements yet.
- The Parallels: Bright in the Face will come when I feel like sitting down and writing really good opening posts.
- For Rapture, I'm waiting on Fentzy to write another segment of a log. The last Fentzy log got great reception, so we're going for another one. For one thing, this time we actually have a great reason for Jordan to give Fentzy his journal. xD
- In other Rapture news, I'm waiting on the stars to align so I can record the next Knight of Xanadu video. I mean, Eric and I covered most of them when I was last in America, but we missed Bryan Breecrest, Robot Pirate, and.. well, our video for the spoiler'd last one isn't quite.. usable. For many reasons. So I'm gonna do those myself, and if I see Eric again, we'll do them "officially."
- Built for Two, I will finally go out and say that I don't actually have all the plot of that figured out. <___<;;; I do have a set number of entries left to the story, and there are key landmarks throughout that I know exactly the course of, but where we are now? I'm kinda just winging it. But I'm playing it very carefully, as I was seriously not expecting the crazy-good reception the story's been getting so far, and I want to try to keep it like that.
And yes, I do actually still have even more secret projects. xD I keep them secret not for publicity but actually just because I don't know where I'm gonna go with them.
So there you have it. My focuses at the moment are on DCA and Rapture, which.. aren't exactly unrelated, I suppose. They're both crazy-confusing comedy stories with some level of horror to them. DCA's just script, fanfiction (though I think it's safe to say I've pretty much turned everything original by now), and focusing more on comedy and meta, whereas Rapture's more horror-based journals with.. very little, if any, meta to it.
..whatever, yeah, you know what I mean.
Post-Jordanism: noun- The artistic (cultural?) movement which began in late 2011. Works within this deal with themes of existential crisis, identity crisis, posttraumatic stress disorder, the state of being broken, intrusive thoughts of (non)existent(?) memory, the morbid preoccupation with suicide, grief, uncontrollable emotion, and darkness as a simple abstract concept. ex. 1: "Kill me."