hate

Post-Jordanism: noun- The artistic (cultural?) movement which began in late 2011. Works within this deal with themes of existential crisis, identity crisis, posttraumatic stress disorder, the state of being broken, intrusive thoughts of (non)existent(?) memory, the morbid preoccupation with suicide, grief, uncontrollable emotion, and darkness as a simple abstract concept. ex. 1: "Kill me."

Friday, January 6, 2012

My Writing Process

This is one of the only Radiohead songs I can stand. ..okay, fine, one of the only Radiohead albums I can stand.

So I'm trying to come up with the drive to write more, but I can never really feel like writing. For one thing, my Macbook's busted; I spilled a Pot Noodle on it and suddenly it coughs up blood and dies. You know what I was doing when I spilled that? Writing a goddamn Topography Genera entry with Cadet.

..ope, Radiohead's done. Next song. How about I put on something longer?

Ah, who would I be if I didn't enjoy Dream Theater's "In the Presence of Enemies?" 83

..right. So I want Topography Genera to be a really really good story, but I realize the flaws with cowriting it with other people. Cadet's having trouble really coming up with good character in Duchess, whereas alliterator's kinda just speeding off and writing so much that we can't keep up. ..I mean, I probably would be able to if I wasn't waiting for a lot of pictures off Cadet. ^^;; I feel really bad about having her be the only artist and even worse about pretty much requiring a picture of a Fear for every "Fossil" post.

..DRAW A STAIRWAY FOR MY GOD
AND ASSEMBLE ALL MY FAITH

So I'm gonna have to be patient and work with Cadet as much as I can, try to make her as comfortable with this story as I am. Maybe even put Genera on hold a bit as I see if she can start with a much less taxing project. You see, Cadet's not a writer by trade. But joining the Fearbloggers, my colleagues, and exposing herself to all these horror stories has kinda made her really interested.

I just got a completely different idea, I'm gonna go do that right now and write later.

No comments:

Post a Comment