hate

Post-Jordanism: noun- The artistic (cultural?) movement which began in late 2011. Works within this deal with themes of existential crisis, identity crisis, posttraumatic stress disorder, the state of being broken, intrusive thoughts of (non)existent(?) memory, the morbid preoccupation with suicide, grief, uncontrollable emotion, and darkness as a simple abstract concept. ex. 1: "Kill me."

Friday, January 20, 2012

Hiatus of the personal variety!

I'm about to start the third act of Homestuck. Before I began reading this story, I hated the very concept of Homestuck with a burning passion that often manifested in a surplus of caps lock and more vulgarity in one paragraph than in every Rapture log combined. See, I've heard a lot of hype, and 90% of the hype I hear for Homestuck advertises things I hate very dearly. Add that to the fact that I have a strong aversion to popular things, and you can bet I wasn't looking forward to reading this thing.

Now that I've read the first two acts, I can tell you I like most of what I've read, almost all. Though there's still plenty of stuff I don't like, I tend to just ignore those. Now, I gotta be honest, I'm not really looking forward to reading the rest. I hear a lot of.. criticisms for the story past a certain point. ...but I'm sure I'll be better after I sleep! I'm exhausted!

..I shouldn't have said "I'm about to start the third act;" I meant that's where I am in the story. And I'm gonna sleep. And then I will start the third act.

So, uh... my writing is kinda on hiatus until I either catch up with or drop out of Homestuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment