hate

Post-Jordanism: noun- The artistic (cultural?) movement which began in late 2011. Works within this deal with themes of existential crisis, identity crisis, posttraumatic stress disorder, the state of being broken, intrusive thoughts of (non)existent(?) memory, the morbid preoccupation with suicide, grief, uncontrollable emotion, and darkness as a simple abstract concept. ex. 1: "Kill me."

Thursday, October 27, 2011

DJay32 Plays Minecraft

I haven't had a real chance to give Minecraft a shot until just now. I was gonna record myself playing it, but I've decided against that. Partly because I can't find a copy of Fraps that works on a Macbook. So instead, I'm just gonna keep a journal.

We're starting on Easy mode, as I was advised to not begin on Peaceful. It's apparently not good for entertainment.

DJay32 Plays Minecraft, a journal
First of all, I have no idea what version this is, but I have the feeling it's not up to date.

I spawned near a coast, got used to the controls and whatnot, and began looking around. I found the animals adorable, then I decided to start exploring.

I travelled quite a way, exploring foggy mountains and clearer valleys. I almost went into a mine before realizing I have no portable light, so I headed back out.

And then night fell.

I ran into a dark corner, and mashed buttons until I realized that Macbooks have no right-click. So I kept trying until I figured out how to place blocks, then I made a little block fort. I waited a minute for night to pass, got impatient, then went back out. Immediately, I heard a growl and turned and ran and closed the fort again.

Then a zombie hit me through my blocks and killed me.

I respawned.

I awoke near a coast again. This time, I went straight for the ground and dug. I got several blocks below ground, then started moving forward. Eventually, it turned day and I resurfaced, no longer just a mole man. I explored, immediately heard a hiss, and ran as a giant spider hopped around.

I ran around a little pond, then I saw something man-sized. Something green. Something that looked suspiciously like a cactus. I inched my way up to it in fear, then looked at all four sides of it. It was a cactus.

So I went back to exploring. Crossed a lake, reached an island, attempted making a water irrigation system. Then I just started digging again.

...this game's fun, but it's not entertaining to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment