hate

Post-Jordanism: noun- The artistic (cultural?) movement which began in late 2011. Works within this deal with themes of existential crisis, identity crisis, posttraumatic stress disorder, the state of being broken, intrusive thoughts of (non)existent(?) memory, the morbid preoccupation with suicide, grief, uncontrollable emotion, and darkness as a simple abstract concept. ex. 1: "Kill me."

Sunday, November 20, 2011

On Jordan Eats, the possibility of a finale

Jordan Eats Normally Now is a roughly allegorical story telling of my ongoing struggles to survive in the bastard's journey that is my life. A lot of the earlier entries, the England entries, were telling of trying to keep myself sane while slowly being driven away from reality and into the world of my obsessions (EAT, the eldritch abomination of the England entries, was created around my fear of drowning in my obsessive world), especially after my brother Nathan and his girlfriend Kit (who played the part of Sam) left for America.

I wound up getting an opportunity to go back to the States, myself, so I took the allegory on a wild chase. I sent Jordan through a Door to The Empty City. Making The Empty City was hard to decide, but really easy to execute. I just put the camera on each time and let the mysteries unfold by themselves. The Empty City is not meant to make sense, although vague hints of symbolism are intended. In the end, the only thing it truly represents is the crazy events of my life in America.

If stress faced me, I would go straight to Jordan Eats and blog as if the City was messing with my mind. If other people were caught on camera, I would act as if I don't see them, to leave the viewer pondering as to the specifics of the City. I utilized what I could in camera effects and lighting to make the videos appear as crazy and symbolic as I could as the story progressed. I really took the pretentious route, because I wanted to make it clear how eldritch an abomination can be.

In the end, my life is coming to a full-fledged Octavarium-style circle, and the Door in front of me is making the noises of my home in England. So thus, Jordan Eats must reflect this.

I never really knew when I wanted the blog to end, but with this dramatic progression of events, I feel the finish line racing towards us. I'm eating my way back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment